"SCHOLARSHIP GIVEAWAY" SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the Scholarship Giveaway in any manner.
January 1 – May 30, 2016
- Entry: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. An Eligible STUDENT (defined herein) may only enter the Sweepstakes, between 12:00:001 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on January 1, 2016 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 30, 2016 one time via enter by registering at www.FigWig.com/scholarship.html, or multiple times via the FigWig application, available for free at the Apple or Google app store. Entries cross posted to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter will generate the Eligible Student an additional entry in that giveaway, Entries must include complete name, age, mailing address, email address, phone number and entrant's post-secondary educational institution to which you are currently enrolled or are planning to enroll in order to be valid. Multiple entries at www.FigWig.com/scholarship.html generated by means of software or other automated or mechanical processes will be disregarded at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means are void. The drawing is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and the drawing or any offers herein is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Alternate Means of Entry: To enter without obligation, hand print your name, age, address, city, state, zip code, day and evening telephone number and name of the post-secondary educational institution to which you are currently enrolled or are planning to enroll along with the "FigWig Scholarship Giveaway" Sweepstakes on a 4" x 6" postcard and mail it to 1267 N Morningside Dr, Atlanta, GA 30306. Entries must be received by May 30, 2016 to be included in the onetime drawing. No post office boxes or APO addresses. Mail-in entries are limited to one per person. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor cannot be held responsible for any entrant's inability to successfully complete entry whether due to inadequate postage, failure by the Postal Service, missing information or otherwise. Unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible, or entries which otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- Random Drawing and Notification of Winners: Random drawing for prizes will be held the week of June 13th, 2016. Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activity in any manner. Winners will be notified by telephone on or about June 30th, 2016. If a winner cannot be contacted by telephone after three (3) attempts within five (5) business days, another winner will be drawn for that specific prize. Awarded prizes will be delivered via check made out to the post-secondary education institution, on behalf of each winner, to which the winner is in current attendance or has been accepted within 14 days following receipt of the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) winner per household. In the event more winner notifications are issued, or more Prize claims are received than the Prize set forth in these Official Rules due to computer, printing, human or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from among all such entries for the Prize at issue (or from among all persons so notified) to award the Prize as set forth in these Official Rules. Inclusion in such random drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
- Prizes: One (1) winners will be randomly selected, to each receive a $1,000 cash prize ("Prize"). Total approximate retail value per prize ("ARV"): $1,000. If a prize or any portion thereof cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. All Prizes shall be funded through Indiegogo, Inc.'s crowdfunding program. Additional information about the Indiegogo crowdfunding program can be found at www.indiegogo.com. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the method for funding the Prizes at any time. Each winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes and agree to a criminal and personal social media background investigation during the winner notification process. In the event the criminal background investigation consists of any criminal record, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify that winner. In the event a winner's personal social media investigation consists of content found in any social medium that is false or contains misleading claims about Sponsor and its products or services, that defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its products or services, or other people or companies; or communicates any message or image that is inconsistent with Sponsor's positive image and/or good will with which Sponsor wishes to associate or contains content that violates any rule, law or regulation, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify that winner. The potential winner will not be deemed a winner until his/her submission of notification materials is verified. Winners will be issued an Internal Revenue Form 1099 to report the value of any such prize as earned income. In the case the winner moves, it will be his/her responsibility to notify FigWig so we can mail the 1099 form. The potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return to Sponsor Internal Revenue Form 1099 information, Affidavit of Eligibility, and Liability/Publicity Release within 14 days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor. If such documents are not returned to Sponsor prior to such deadline or a potential winner is determined to be ineligible in accordance with these Official Rules, any Prize won may be forfeited in Sponsor's sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor from the remaining eligible entries. All expenses, federal, state and local taxes associated with acceptance and use of the Prize not set forth in these Official Rules are the obligation of each winner. Prizewinners waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem or claim the prize, and any liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking the redeem said prize.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction. The Official Rules and the Sweepstakes are governed by U.S. law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in the Dispute Resolution section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Georgia, in Fulton County.
- Names of Winners: List of winner names for the prize drawings will be available once officially announced, but no later than June 30th, 2016 through www.FigWig.com.
- Internet: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, at which time, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all Entries received at the time of the Sweepstakes termination. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPATIBILITY OF ENTRANT'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY WITH SPONSOR'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address or wireless phone submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The use of automated devices is not valid for entry. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the entry.
- Prize Limitations: The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and not redeemable for cash. No prize supplement or substitute will be allowed unless otherwise offered by Sponsor and Sponsor have not made any warranties whether written, verbal or implied, with respect to the prizes or services. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received in compliance with these Official Rules. Winner is subject to qualification with Official Rules. Sweepstakes Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if fraud, misconduct or technical failures would destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may disqualify any person or entry based upon fraud, dishonesty, and violation of rules or to the misconduct.
- Rules: Copies of these rules are available online at www.FigWig.com/scholarship.html. Sponsor reserves the right to change or modify these rules while the Sweepstakes is in progress.
- Value of Prizes: (1) $1,000 prizes.
- Sweepstakes Sponsor: FigWig 1267 N Morningside Dr, Atlanta, GA 30306.